Tavares, FL - May 7, 2013
by Vance Jochim FiscalRangers.com
In the field of boxing, they used to say that white boxing fans were always looking for the "great white hope", meaning a white boxer who could beat the many black boxers.
Similarly, in the field of politics, conservatives keep seeking conservative, not liberal news outlets besides Fox News and Glen Beck online.
Now, it might happen and the Ronald Reagan of Newspaper publishers might take over and purge a major liberal newspaper chain of liberal writers and install conservative reporters and editors.
The well know conservative billionaires, the Koch Brothers, are contemplating the purchase of the Tribune Corp. newspapers, including the Orlando Sentinel, the rabidly liberal Lost Angeles Times and several other papers. That company just came out of bankruptcy recently and their papers are on the market to be sold.
Columnist Cal Thomas gives us a glimpse of the possible Conservative Publishing Valhalla here:
According to Thomas, Los Angeles staff were asked if they would quit if the paper was bought by the Koch Brothers, and HALF of them said yes.
Christmas might be early for us conservatives.
Imagine what would happen to the nearby Orlando Sentinel!
- Maxwell, the liberal columnist, might be gone.
- Lauren Ritchie, the liberal Lake Sentinel columnist might be gone.
- Conservative columnists might be hired to replace them (since the Sentinel had no conservative viewpoint columnists).
- They might stop publishing one sided, "special to the Sentinel" biased global warming articles.
- They might side with the 96% of the population that is not gay rather than only support gay viewpoints. And they might ensure that BOTH sides of related stories are provided in quotes rather than just the gay viewpoint.
-They might spend more time encouraging entrepreneurship rather than demanding more "free" government money for non-working groups.
- They might publish investigations of the harm of liberal induced comprehensive land use plan restrictions, and other "sustainable development" stealth programs designed to reduce property rights.
- They might start publishing the truth about all the damage caused worldwide and in the US by Muslims, and Sharia law.
- They might start exposing liberal actions of celebrities rather than celebrating them.
- They might warn readers about liberal biases in TV news reports. (Can you say Benghazi investigation?)
- They might start focusing on protection of US citizens and taxes by using editorials to demand English only laws, immigration restrictions and elimination of subsidies to illegal immigrants.
- They might out the liberal biases and practices of various Judges.
- They might start publishing fiscal investigations of government entities, and use stories from conservative newswires like WatchDogWire.com or reports from the Florida Tea Party Network.
Or, it might be cheaper to just buy up some conservative blogs and give us the printing budget and staff to go for it. We would cost only half as much!
Gee, either way, it makes the mind boggle. Go Koch brothers, Go.
Rescue us from the biased, liberal mainstream press, starting with the Tribune Company. And, as Cal Thomas says, the sales of newspapers might just go UP in response to unbiased and/or conservative reporting.